Effective detox with Ayurveda
Preparing for Panchakarma
Preparing correctly at home for an Ayurvedic cleanse
The Ayurvedic "royal therapy" Panchakarma delves into the deepest levels of the body and mind. To make detox with Ayurveda as beneficial and effective as possible, we recommend a pre-cure at home as preparation. Prepare yourself best possible for your Ayurvedic cleanse at your own pace and at home in familiar surroundings.
- The pre-cure at home
From experience, we know that an Ayurvedic cleanse with Panchakarma has a holistic and profound effect on a person. Very careful preparation is of utmost importance to enable your body and mind to rid themselves as intensely as possible of toxins, blockages and impurities. This should be strictly adhered to, particularly with regard to your diet.
A pre-cure of at least 3, or even better 4 weeks are necessary for preparing yourself to carry out the cleansing process at the Parkschlösschen more effectively and easily. The detox beverages we give you here can only develop their full effect, if the intestinal tract has already been freed or cleansed of coarse waste products („Ama“). The preparation should not cause you any stress, preferably begin on a free weekend, so that you can gradually become accustomed to it.
Ayurveda Parkschlösschen top 5: The most important recommendations for the pre-cure
- (1) Nutrition in general
- prefer hot, easily digestible foods
- no feeling of overfilling or extremely tiredness after meals
- eat enough, but don’t overeat
- use spices that aid digestion (if tolerated)
- eat as little heavy or heavily digestible foods as possible
- abstain from meat, fish, wheat products of all kinds (exception: einkorn wheat, wild emmer), yoghurt, quark, hard cheese
- (2) Breakfast
- as light as possible
- do not mix fruit and dairy products in one meal
- (3) Main meal
- at midday between 12 and 14 h (digestive fire at its strongest then), for example, salad/soup, main course and small dessert
- preferably choose freshly cooked meals with a lot of vegetables and healthy cereals (e.g. rice, quinoa, wild emmer, spelt pasta, millet, buckwheat)
- avoid „canned foods“, dried foods, re-heated foods (no use of microwave)
- (4) Dinner
- should be the lightest meal, for example, soups or cooked vegetables with healthy cereals
- no salads or raw fruit and vegetables
- do not eat immediately before going to bed (at least 3h beforehand)
- (5) Drinks
- at least 5-6 glasses of hot, boiled water throughout the day (if tap water should contain too much limescale, better use filtered or still water)
- abstain from ice-cold drinks and alcohol
- Additional tips
- Do not carry out any other profound cleansing processes in the last 2 months before your Ayurvedic cleanse with Panchakarma.
- Stop drinking coffee, black tea and green tea at least 3-5 days before your arrival here. Otherwise, you could suffer from severe withdrawal headaches during the first few days of your cure.
- Take your time when eating and remain seated comfortably for a further 5-10 minutes after your meal. Avoid taking an afternoon nap, but take a short after-dinner walk outside in the fresh air.
- Go to bed early, not after 22.00 h, if possible. Don’t over-exert yourself during the day. Peak sporting performances should not be included in your schedule. However, it is important to take your individual constitution and how you feel into consideration.
- Let your personal environment know, that you will be withdrawing for a while and will be taking some quiet time out. Also let them know, that there is no Wi-Fi at the Ayurveda Parkschlösschen and therefore, you will only seldomly be online. Tip: activate an automatic e-mail response.
- As the days of of your Ayurvedic cleanse draw closer, prepare yourself mentally for „unwinding & letting go“ and look forward to cleansing yourself of all those toxins, waste products and that „emotional ballast“. We will do all we can to support you!
Would you like to receive more information about detox with Ayurveda at the Parkschlösschen? If so, please contact us via email – we will be glad to advise you.