Healthy living with Ayurveda
The daily Ayurvedic routine for more life energy with Ayurveda
Healthy lifestyle with Ayurveda for at home
According to Ayurveda a person is healthy, when his physical and mental functions work in unison, he lives in harmony with himself and his surroundings and takes care of himself and those around him. Therefore, the greatest objective in Ayurveda is to maintain one's health. Keeping to a daily Ayurvedic routine – a healthy lifestyle with Ayurveda – provides the best foundation on which to achieve this objective. The Ayurvedic routine takes the time of day, Ayurvedic nutrition and the alternation between work and relaxation into consideration, so that your Dosha constitution remains balanced.
Learn more about the Doshas and the constitution types >>
An overview of the daily Ayurvedic routine for more life energy with Ayurveda
- Shortly before 6 a.m. wake up relaxed and get out of bed
- Gandusha: swish oil in mouth and scrape tongue
- Brush teeth
- 2 - 3 cups of hot water to stimulate the metabolism
- Bowel evacuation
- Detox energizing drink: 1 cup of lukewarm water with the juice of ¼ of a lemon, 1 tsp. honey
- One drop of oil in the nostrils and ears
- Massage or anointment of oil with warm, matured sesame oil 5–25 minutes
- Yoga, e.g. sun salutation
- Pranayama and meditation
- Breakfast not later than 9 a.m.
- Noon meal (main meal of the day) between noon and 2 p.m.
- Relaxation or a quiet walk 10–15 minutes
- A small snack between 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. (teatime) for Vata and Pitta types
- A light evening meal between 6 and 7 p.m.
- Relaxation phase
- Prior to sleep a foot massage with warm, matured sesame oil, Gandharva Veda or Badam milk (not in the case of an excess of Kapha): 1 cup of warm milk with some Ghee, almond powder, nutmeg, cardamom and palm sugar or Sharkara
- Fall asleep peacefully at around 10 p.m.